Thursday, July 22, 2010

Convention Swap " Let it Snow"

Well I am in Salt Lake City Utah for the week. Really cramming to make card fronts and 3D swaps and can't forget about Convention gifts for friends. Here is one of my Swaps.  


With the heat lately I thought I would created something that brought cool thoughts. 
I am sure you are thinking I am crazy to say "Let it Snow".

Using the Playful Pieces stamp set (a Level 3 Hostess stamp set) I created this adorable snow man.
You will need to punch out 3 circles from copy paper. Cut those circles using the 1", 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" circle punches.
Sponge around the outer edges of the circles with Bashful Blue Classic Ink, a little more heavy handed. Lightly sponging the inner part of the circle.  Then add all of his accessories from the Playful Pieces stamp set to complete the look. Just love it.
The words are from Punch Pals stamp set.

This is a very simple card, only 2 layers. Bashful Blue and Whisper White card stock. To add a little depth I dragged the Whisper White card stock through Early Espresso Classic Ink (just the edge to add a thin line). It gives an illusion of a third layer of card stock.

No Stampin' Dimensionals on this card. Doesn't happen often:)

I also down scaled this card to create an ATC sized swap.

Created basically the same as the full size card. Except I used smaller circle punches. The 3/4", 1" and 1 3/8" circle punches. I also had to hand draw the eyes, mouth and buttons.

Hand crafted by Gina Dygert.

No comments:

Post a Comment