Friday, February 27, 2009

Cupcake gift card holder


Typically I am not a big fan of giving gift cards as a gift. I think it lacks the personal flair. 



I realize it can be a great gift when you don't know what to get.


But I think this cute gift card holder has changed my mind. I just might start to give out more gift cards.



For the front cover I stamped my cupcake tray image from the Crazy for Cupcake stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock using Basic Brown Classic Ink
It is Waterproof and prevent bleeding when you water color the image. 


I used the ticket corner punch on the corners.



I layered that onto Close to Cocoa card stock and then on Pretty in Pink card stock on to your base. 


The base of my card is made from a 4-1/2" x 11" piece of Close to Cocoa card stock
It is scored at 3", 5-1/2" and 8"


When you fold your base it will make a "w"


In the center you will use your window punch and 1/4" circle punch to create the cut-out to place the card in. 
I glued the other 3 sides to keep the gift card from slipping out. 


Make sure to use the glue sparingly.


I finished the card by tying a piece of Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon around and making a pretty bow.




crafted by Gina Dygert

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this idea to give a gift card without making it a blah gift! Thanks so much for the great project.

    ReplyDelete