Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Easter Basket



I have made several of these adorable baskets. They will be used as gifts and door prizes for a few differnet events. I am even saving one to be used as my blog candy to be drawn at the end of the month. So don't forget to comment today to get entered into the drawing.


This idea was cased from MJ's blog.

Thanks for the inspiration!






This was a rather simple project when I figured out what I was doing. Using Sale-A-Bration stamp, paper and ribbon I was able to create my own little basket. 


Delicate Dots Designer Series into strips of paper and weaved them together to make this adorable project. 




crafted by Gina Dygert

3 comments:

  1. It looks so real like it's not made from paper! Do you have a template for that? Just a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get my dimensions I let the Stampin’ Up! Scallop Envelope die be my guide since I wanted to use it as a liner on the inside.
    I cut strips of the paper ½’ and ¼” by 12”, sponging them on the edges with Chocolate chip ink.
    To weave the basket, I laid strips of paper weaving just enough to cover center 3 ¼” square center (cut a piece of 3 ¼” square paper for a template) fold up strips and then weaved strips around the basket.
    :) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, WOW!! This is great!! Debbie & I were reading your directions and still not real sure how to do this. We will try to make it, but might have to consult you if we run into problems.

    TFS,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete