Friday, March 27, 2009

How did I make my weaved basket from paper?

Several have asked how I made my basket.
Well, I used a quick simple technique to get the weave started.



First I placed 4 strips




  
 












then 4 more 





















then 3 more






















and finally I only had to weave the last 3. 



















Pushing them all into the center. 


















Flip it over. Take a piece of 3 1/4" square to cover the centers and make it easier to fold the strips up. 





















Now you are ready to start weaving strips around the box.


















I adhered each corner before turning to the next side this will give it strength.















After doing 4 strips high




















I then cut off any excess paper on the top so I could place 4 Scallop envelope together as a box inside by basket. To finish off this basket I used a 3/4" strip folded in half to go around the top edge. Add the rest of your embellishments (ribbon, brads etc). 









Happy Crafting 
:)






Hand Crafted By Gina Dygert

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome to put your tutorial on your site. This is just a gorgeous basktet. I think I will be able to do it now. Thanks so much.

    Marcia Shepherd

    ReplyDelete